Oncology Massage Course
Here are some highlights about what you will take away from the course:
This course focuses on developing your understanding of common conditions and how this will influence your work as an oncology massage therapist. It will include how to modify your techniques along with learning some new ones specific to these conditions. Included in the full qualification is scar work related to this field of work as well as home care advice that will have a positive impact and support your manual therapy.
You will be given the opportunity to put into practice what you have learnt on the course within real life conditions, providing a massage session that takes your clients through the assessment, planning and application process along with suitable home care suggestions.
It is an exciting time to be a part of the ever increasing acceptance and growing demand for qualified oncology massage therapists.
I look forward to working with you.
Here's how it works
- The Online-Only course teaches you the technical information (needs to be completed if you plan to go onto the following course days but is offered as a stand alone).
- Day 1 Practical Oncology Massage - This will teach you how to modify your manual therapy based on real life case studies for common conditions.
- Day 2 Practical Oncology Massage - This will include a clinical session working with oncology clients as well as developing your manual techniques to include advanced work.
- Days 3 & 4 Oncology Scar Massage - This is a two-day scar workshop that is specific to oncology; day two will include a practical session with a client.
- Day 5 Practical Oncology Massage - This focuses on advancing your soft tissue skills, providing homecare suggestions and covering rehabilitation principles. Included in the day is a your final clinical workshop which will integrate all that you have learnt. This portion includes a final assessment and needs to be taken after the Scar Massage day.